How to Make Your Breast Augmentation Surgery a Positive and Rewarding Experience
- Understand your goals and wishes. Be honest with yourself and what you are trying to achieve. The breast augmentation surgery should be for yourself and not for your husband, boyfriend or significant other.
- Do your homework. Read about the procedure and learn about the benefits and risks and complications. Ask your Plastic Surgeon questions if you don't understand what you have read. Use your judgment, although there is a lot of good information on the internet there is also a lot of misinformation, myths and biases about breast augmentation.
- Be REALISTIC; understand your current breast situation and the factors that can control the overall result of your surgery such as little or no breast tissue, tight skin envelope, poor skin tone, breast droop or severe uneven breasts. Often with breast augmentation, your breasts will be much improved. Remember, no woman's breasts are perfectly even.
- Choose your plastic surgeon carefully. Do not make a choice on price alone. Go with your instincts. Avoid hard sell and pressure tactics.
- Give yourself enough time to heal. Plan appropriately. If you are planning towards a big event, have your surgery at least a few months before the event.